A large social sector agency engaged us to lead the redevelopment and implementation of established sector support systems
Hedgehog Consulting was engaged to lead the redevelopment and sector implementation of a key support system.
The change affected suppliers and one of the main support systems available for schools across New Zealand. The work included the design, development and implementation of a new certification framework for suppliers. It also included the introduction of an online database of certified suppliers. The framework, certification process and online database was required to support a significant panel procurement process.
Key stakeholders included sector peak bodies, unions, schools, and various suppliers.
Over a nine month period the following work was undertaken and completed:
- The stakeholder testing and development of a supplier certification framework
- Bench marking and analysis work to support the mass certification of suppliers, including processing model design and ‘normal state’ and ‘start-up’ processing forecasts
- The design and establishment of an independent certification panel, including the selection and appointment process, and rapid design of moderation and evaluation tools, process design, and decision tracking controls
- A random sampling process for the 'start-up' phase to support high-volume processing of existing suppliers, including multiple quality assurance measures.
- Certification application and process design, and workflow tools to track assessment progress
- A full certification cycle for new and existing suppliers for over 600 individuals
- The development of an online database of certified suppliers
The project setup an independent certification process and delivered an online database of certified suppliers.
The certification process enabled a parallel procurement process, and a panel of certified suppliers was also established as an agency funded support.