Hedgehog Consulting was asked by a council to review a property/infrastructure business group and its workforce capability.
A review was undertaken over a month. Managers and specialist positions were interviewed. Analysis of the groups design, its workforce, and related costs was undertaken.
Hedgehog consulting collaborated with the council human resources team. The review considered:
- Service design and performance
- Workforce capability and structure
- Talent retention and succession pathways
- The accuracy of position descriptions
- Overall and comparative staffing costs
Hedgehog Consulting produced a report that identified opportunities, supported by analysis. The report recommendations were endorsed by the group manager, and changes were adopted. Staff were positive about the engagement and the direct results.